- End of Season Party!! Weyman is coordinating with the Berkeley Yacht club to have awards and food after the last race on 9/19 for the racers. Awards will be presented for:
A fleet 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
B fleet 1st.
Foiling Windsurfer 1st.
Please let Weyman know your votes for most improved and most inspirational sailors for 2015.
All racers and guests are invited. Please let Weyman know ASAP how many in your party will be attending.
Also, for those of you who have CalCup trophies from past seasons, please bring them to the event so that they can be engraved for the 2015 series.
- We're on for the CalCup End of Season Party and Awards Banquet this Saturday November 23. The bar opens at 6pm and dinner will be served at 7pm.
What: Annual CalCup End of Season Party and Awards Banquet
When: Saturday November 23 at 6pm
Where: Berkeley Yacht Club
1 Seawall Drive
Berkeley, CA 94710
- The CalCup end of season party will be held on Saturday November 23 at the Berkeley Yacht Club from 6pm to 10pm. Please RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org so that Mike can let the club know approximate #s. thanks!
- We're "on" for CalCup racing in conjunction with the America's Cup this Saturday August 24! Please click here for the NOR, more details about the logistics, and the course map.
- Participate in this year’s Nationals without the hassles/expense of hauling gear across the country!
In case you haven’t heard already, Trident Sports will be providing Phantom 295 boards and complete rigs for charter for Nationals this summer in LA. They will be available with either the 7.5 m sail or the 8.5 m sail. The cost varies depending on when you order your charter as follows:
· Order by May 31 - $250
· After May 31 by June 30 - $300
· After June 30 by July 15 - $350
Each complete package will be available for sale for $1,499.00 after Nationals (retails for $2,549). Shipping can be arranged for $160 flat rate.
Orders for charter boards should be made directly to Josh Shirley of Trident Sports at email@example.com.
Only a limited number will be made available so order early.
The 2013 US Windsurfing Nationals will be held in Cabrillo Beach (Southern California) from August 4-9 2013. The event web site can be found here:
- Xavier Ferlet is organizing a new Slalom race series this summer in Cabrillo Beach in L.A.. This may be a good opportunity to go down and warm up at the venue prior to the U.S. Nationals which are also going to be held at Cabrillo Beach. There is a beautiful new web site with all of the details here:
- The NOR's and a very nice and comprehensive event web site are now available for the 2013 US Windsurfing Nationals:
- The 2013 US Windsurfing National Championships will be held in Cabrillo Beach (Southern California) from August 4-10 2013. Save the date and check out the event web site for further details to follow:
- The CalCup end of season party will be held on Saturday November 10 at the Berkeley Yacht Club from 6pm to 10pm. Dinner will be $15 per person. Please RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org so that Mike can let the club know approximate #s. thanks!
- US Windsurfing is thrilled to announce that Sam Bittner (organizer of the AWT wave tour), the Columbia Gorge Windsurfing Association and a group of Hood River supporters have banded together to rescue the 2012 US Windsurfing National Championships in Hood River this summer. The Slalom, Formula and Freestyle Nationals will take place at the Event Site in Hood River from July 23-26. Registration is open now at
and more information about windsurfing in the Gorge can be found at
As excited as we are to make this announcement, we do know that some of you have already changed travel plans due to our cancellation notice that went out just a few days ago. We are so sorry for the confusion of the changing situation and the travel arrangement troubles that may have been caused. Everyone involved is working hard to make sure that the event will be fantastic and we hope to see you all there! Head AWT judge Matt Pritchard says "The US Nationals are the backbone of racing in the USA! We need to keep the flame alive and do everything we can to save the Nationals for 2012!"
And remember, the summer calendar is packed with other great events also. The Formula North American Championships will take place in San Francisco from July 17-22, San Carlos Cactus Cup Wave Contest is in San Carlos, Mexico from July 28-August 4, The Techno 293 Nationals/Kona New England Championships/RS:X East Coast Championships in Martha's Vineyard from July 31-August 2 and the Kona North American Championships in Waconia, MN from August 24-28.
The full calendar of events can be found at
- Here's a cool mention of CalCup on the latest post from DaNews Blog:
- Some important changes to the CalCup rules for 2012: If racing is canceled for any reason on the scheduled Saturday date, the racing will be re-run the very next day (Sunday) that same weekend. If the whole weekend (Saturday and Sunday) ends up as a DNR (Did Not Race), that event will NOT be re-scheduled at a later date. There are no make up dates. Please review this new rule (#14) and the rest of the CalCup racing rules here.
- The third and final Youth Regatta of the season went off at the Berkeley Marina this Sunday 10/2/11. Click here for the Regatta report and race results. And click here for the photos. That wraps up the season. Please check out the final season standings here .
- The votes are in, and the overwhelming majority preferred the shared party with the St. Francis on the 7th. So, the 2011 CalCup end of season awards party will be held on Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 6:00 PM WHERE: St. Francis Yacht Club On the Marina San Francisco CA 94123. Mike still needs some of your trophies from last season back!
- The second Youth Regatta of the season went off at the Berkeley Marina this Sunday (9/11/11). Click here for the Regatta report and race results. And click here for the photos.
- The first Youth Regatta of the season went off at the Berkeley Marina this Saturday (8/27/11). Click here for the Regatta report and race results.
- DoubleTree by Hilton At Berkeley Marina Signs As 2011 US Windsurfing Nationals Title Sponsor.
- Local racer Weyman Lundquist is starting a series of Learn To Windsurf clinics aimed at 11-14 year olds. The clinics are aimed at taking the junior participants from entry level skills to racing on the national level. Click here for all of the details.
- The 2011 CalCup, West Coast, and USW NRT Calendars are now online.
- Great news from Karen Marriot, the president of US Windsurfing!
First, big news…….The Berkeley Yacht Club board of directors just voted last night and decided to host the 2011 US Windsurfing Nationals! Jane Morson, who has done lots of work with running Formula races and the Cal Cup in the Bay Area, will be the main organizer and I am confident that she will do a fantastic job! The dates are July 11-16, which is before the Techno 293 worlds at St Francis – so we are hoping that some of the international kids (and our US kids) who come to that will come to Nationals as a warm-up regatta. So start spreading the word so folks can be making their plans to travel to the “warm side” of the bay for next summer’s nationals! Karen"
- We'd like to thank the following people who generously donated their time and energy this season!
Sonya Schoenberger, and her Mother and Sister.
Racing Rules Judge Bryan McDonald
Clinics Bryan McDonald, Al Mirel & Chris Radkowski
Also big thanks to Rachel Herrmann and Matt Gingo
- At long last we can announce our end of season awards party!
Date: Saturday, 7th November 2009
Time: 6pm - 10pm
Location: Pomegranate Restaurant, 1585 University Ave, Berkeley, CA 94703.
This no longer a ‘pot luck event, but instead every guest is responsible for their own tab for food and drinks. Please contact email@example.com, ASAP, if you will attend this new venue, and with your number of guests attending.
We look forward to seeing you all at the 2009 party.
- The Windsurfing Task Force presented this video last week to the Board of
Directors, House of Delegates and President of US Sailing at the US Sailing
Annual General Meeting. The Windsurfing Task Force is working with US
Sailing's Olympic Sailing Team to develop a National Youth Sailing Team, and
this video recaps some of the major youth windsurfing events in the USA in
2009. Pretty cool: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNIWFH2M25Y
- The final 2009 season results for CalCup and the StFYC Friday Night Series have been posted to the results area.
- The SF Classic & UN Challenge Results are now available.
- Elvstrom-Zellerbach Regatta: racing photos by Arnaud Lepert, awards presentation photos by Melanie Roberts.
CalCup Berkeley: presentation by Bryan McDonald, photos by Emmett McDonald)
- Photos from the first Calcup race of 2009 courtesy of David Wells.
- The CalCup end of season party is being held on Saturday October 27 at Skates on the Bay, at the Berkeley Marina. Skates have composed a delightful menu for us at $30 plus tax and gratuity (drinks are not included). There is also a stupendous children's menu (under 12 years of age) at $7.00. We will meet in the bar area before 8pm for cocktails, going into our dining area at 8.30 pm. Please RSVP at: firstname.lastname@example.org , by October 8.
- Announcing the 2007 Hansen Sails Formula HCL™ Race Sails. Read the full Press Release.
- The 2007 CalCup photo gallery section has some new additions.
- The 2007 USWA Nationals and Formula North Americans are now complete. Be sure to check the Official National's Blog for all of the results, photos, press coverage, and podcasts.
- NOTICE EVENT POSTPONED: Due to weather difficulties, the 2007 Canadian Windsurfing Slalom Championships will be postponed until a later date.
- The Official Web Site for the 2007 USW Nationals & Formula North American Championships is now live.
- The Official NOR for the 2007 USW Nationals & Formula North American Championships hosted by the St.FYC is now available.
- New race event in SoCal: Cabrillo Beach Windsurf Enduro.
- A new year, a new board... MikesLab has a new formula board: The L7 is a registered production race board with the ISAF.
- Awesome windsurfing videos on MyHuck.com ...plus upload your own!
- Excellent Midwinters report from Steve Bodner on his new blog.
- The Calema Midwinters results are in, and the Bay Area contingent put up some impressive numbers in their respective divisions: Mike Percey 2nd, Steve Sylvester 3rd, Steve Bodner and Fernando Martinez tied for 3rd.
- Treasure Island access threatened! See how you can help!!!
- 2007 HIGHLAND SPRING HIHO ADDS OPEN CLASS RACING
New challenge for top level racers with St Maarten start: Press Release.
- Formula World Championships Regatta Report from Steve Bodner.
- The 2005 Bay Area racing season is now officially over. Click below for some final results:
October 1 Treasure Island CalCup
2005 CalCup Final Standings
2005 StFYC Friday Night Windsurfing Series Final Standings
- Neil Pryde RS:X Pacific Coast Championship:
- Day one Results. How windy was it?
- Regatta Final Results.
- Steve Bodner's Race Report.
- Bill Weir's Race Report.
- 3 photographers covered the event:
- 2005 US Windsurfing National Championships Final Results:
Sorted by Overall Rank
Sorted by Class
- Some cool video of the slalom races from the Nationals courtesy of Brian MacDougall
- Daily updates, interviews, soundbytes, photos, etc. from the 2005 US Windsurfing National Championships.
- Did you Slalom Race at StFYC on Saturday 11th June or at BWS on Wednesday 15th June? Whether you raced or not you should check out this amazing video clip made by Brian MacDougall.
- Listen to Mike Percey's Radio Interview where he talks about windsurfing, racing, and CalCup.
End of Season Party Saturday September 24 8pm - 1am at Kelly's
Mission Rock. Shark Sandwich will be playing from 9pm -
From A Slalom Racing Newbie: Check out this interesting report
written by David Fielder about his experience of the BWS races from a racing
novice's point of view.
the archives: check out some vintage
race results. See anyone you know?
web site of the 2005 US Windsurfing National Championships currently
being held in Hood River, Oregon.
2 pictures from our CalCup Races at Pt. Isabel on June 25. These
are just a taste of what is to come so please 'watch this space' :) ! We would
like to take this opportunity of thanking Anders for taking the photographs.
message from Janet Baxter, President of US Sailing, for all of you going to the US
Nationals in the Gorge this summer!
comes back to its roots in Berkeley...
there is no wind for the BWS Slalom Races, this event will now switch to a
Formula Race on the new BWS
'Three Berkeley Musketeers' bring home the awards from Texas!
with CalCup Racers!
does a windsurfing race
with 456 boards starting look like? Could this be a CalCup race of the future?
wednesday night Berkeley Windsurfing Race Series starts wednesday 5-25-05!
to the Racing Rules of Sailing for 2005-2008.
Midwinters 2005 Report
from Mike Percey.